May 23, 2023
Mark Reid is host of the “Zen Sammich” podcast and a maker of traditional handmade Japanese paper, called washi, where he lives in Yamaguchi, Japan. Before that he was an attorney, beginning his career as an Assistant District Attorney in New York. He’s also been a professor of English at three universities in Japan and a graduate teaching assistant at Florida State University in Religious Studies.
In this episode, we discuss
• Why Mark left the practice of law and moved to Japan to make paper.
• The origins and purpose of Mark’s podcast, “Zen Sammich.”
• The importance of Mark’s morning ritual.
• How to calm your mind in an anxious situation.
• An easy way to cultivate patience.